Monday, August 21, 2006

New Videos uploaded


I found some old tapes of a trip in 2004 to Lembeh, Sulawesi, Indonesia. This must be my best trip ever - great companions, and great marine life shots. There was this strange frogfish (it's more knobbly and rough looking than the usual painted frogfish, which seems closest to it) ardently following a bigger similar one.
AND the dive guide spotted a mimic and wunderpuss octopi facing off one another. We arrived and they split: the 4 of us took turns shooting both of them. Glorious.
I was there for 10 days - first with the marine biologists, and then with my ex gf. The former did not see any of these things mentioned - they were found after they had left. And so i post these videos - for them and all else to see the beauties of these great macro dive site. I think it is the best ever - well I have yet to go to PNG and Wakatobi.

You can see these 4 video clips of Lembeh at the youtube link on the sidebar.
There is also a small clip of the marine bio on the boat..too bad youtube's flash conversion process pixellated the pics and garbled the audio. Watching the video gave me a good chuckle and brought back some nice memories.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally, I am here viewing your blgo. The frogfish looks interesting. I have yet watch the movie clip. It is coming 12 midnight now (thursday soon).

Anyhow, nice work and I am glad that I have found another place to gain more knowledge about Marine life.

Thank you!
God bless!
*wink*
Ann (who else)

nan said...

what is the squiggly wormlike thing swimming freely in the waters at the end of one of the videos? i saw it during night dive at molas house reef and wondered what it was.